Obesity these days have spread like a plague. Everyone seems obsessed with the wish to lose weight making obesity a ‘million dollar disease’ for the pharmaceutical industry. With each passing days there is an increase in the number of options available to lose extra weight.
Weight Loss Diet pills has revolutionized the field of medicine since last 15 years. More and more people are getting attracted to them to have their dream body shape. The reason may be attributed to the fact that these medicines not only remove harmful and toxic substances from the body but also prohibit the fat accumulation.
On the basis of content diet pills can be categorized in two main classes:
- Conventional or Manufactured Pills: Conventional or Manufactured diet pills are made of the chemicals which are not extracted from natural resources. In other words they are synthesized in the laboratory. Generally these are the prescription pills and meant for those clinically obese people. They not only give energy being energy supplement but also help consume extra fats.
- Herbal Diet Pills: Herbal Weight loss Pills are those diet pills that are made up of natural ingredients typically including various vitamins and other active ingredients that are supposed to lose weight in a natural and healthy way. In recent years there has been a rapid increase in the sale of herbal diet pills; credit goes to their marketing efforts. Fact is that such claims are not clinically tested RAD 140 or demonstrated. One should be careful enough while making a decision of herbal diet pills and should better seek advice of the physician as majority of them are counterfeit.
Broadly diet pills are of two kinds:
- Prescription Weight Loss Pills: Prescription diet pills are those which one can not get without the prescription of a licensed physician. They have clinically tested with demonstrated results for effectiveness. However, they are high potency medicines and there may be severe side effects in extreme cases. So these are recommended for the people with BMI equal to or more than 30 for example really obese people.
- Over-the-counter Pills: Over-the-counter diet pills are those which anybody can get from the pharmacy. They are low potency medicines and are not clinically tested. However, they may also have severe side effects in worst cases. Most of the herbal diet pills fall under this category.
How the diet pills actually work can be understood dividing such pills in three classes:
- Metabolism Boosters/Enhancers: Certain types of acids, extracts from green tea plants and L-Canitine constitute the active ingredients of the metabolism enhancers. Their proficiency has been clinically tested and demonstrated for high metabolism rates.
Side effects of this category of weight loss pills include high pulse and high rates of heart attack and strokes. Also they are found injurious to the kidneys.
- Appetite Suppressants: Appetite suppressants work in a fashion that satisfies a person who takes so much but still feels hungry by arousing the feeling that stomach is full.
Using appetite suppressants does not prone you to the risks of heart related issues. However, they may affect your brain directly as neurotic aspects of appetite are still not known and such agents directly target the sections of the brain that control hunger.
- Fat Absorption Suppressants: These pills act as a catalyst by activating the compound like alpha-amylase which plays a vital job in the burning of fats, the absence of which causes fats to accumulate in your body.
What particular diet pill is suitable for you, depends upon your genetic make-up, chemical composition of the body, body construction and also dietary habit and food related problems. Because everyone has different needs so it is when it comes to choosing one diet pill over the other. Only your physician can direct you for the best suited pills.